When you have to work throughout the day, you have to keep your energy levels in check. Most of us tend to opt for coffee to wake up in the morning, but did you know there is an alternate and a much better solution for this problem? Herbal tea for energy is the best thing you can have.
This article contains everything you need to know about the best herbal teas for boosting energy.
The 5 Best Herbal Tea for Energy
Here is a list of the five best herbal tea for boosting energy and keeping you focused all day long:
1. Green Tea
Green tea is one of the most popular herbal teas of all time. Generally, it is used for weight loss and lowering blood pressure. However, not many people are aware that green tea can also be used to boost energy levels.
Even though it does not contain high levels of caffeine, it does comprise an amino acid called L-theanine. It helps better absorb caffeine into the body, resulting in improved focus and boosted energy.
The good thing about green tea is that it does not cause withdrawals like coffee because of lower levels of caffeine. Moreover, the tea also contains a fraction of vitamin C, which helps improve health.
Here are some of the best green teas you can find online:
- Bigelow Green Tea Bags Caffeinated (Amazon ASIN Number B000GG1O7Q)
- Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha Green Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B001714V1U)
- Ito En Tea Oi Ocha Green Tea, Unsweetened (Amazon ASIN Number B0017T2MWW)
2. Peppermint Tea
Unlike green tea, peppermint tea does not contain any traces of caffeine. So, how can it help in boosting energy?
Rather than boosting the energy, peppermint tea improves your mood and memory. When your short-term and long-term memory is improved, it automatically helps in boosting your energy levels.
Peppermint tea helps with other health problems, including diarrhea and colds. It has a refreshing aroma and leaves a tingling sensation in your mouth with hints of pine. You can easily make the tea using teabags or peppermint leaves.
Here are some of the best peppermint teas you can find online:
- Twinings of London Pure Peppermint Herbal Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B009L6Q2YW)
- Taylors of Harrogate Organic Peppermint Herbal Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B07BRBSVK4)
- Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea, Peppermint, Caffeine Free (Amazon ASIN Number B000E671W0)
3. Yerba Mate
Yerba mate is a popular herbal tea that comes from South America. It is an essential ingredient used in many energy drinks. The delicious tea has a strong flavor and leaves a smoky taste in your mouth. The tea’s strong aroma and earthy notes make it comparable to coffee.
The tea can boost energy by consuming a significant amount of caffeine higher than green tea. However, the caffeine levels in yerba mate tea are still lower than coffee. Moreover, it also contains a compound similar to L-theanine, called theobromine. Theobromine helps in increasing the energy levels without causing jitters or withdrawals.
Here are some of the best yerba mate teas you can find online:
- Guayaki Yerba Mate, Organic Clean Energy Drink, Lemon Elation (Amazon ASIN Number B0048IAH30)
- Yachak Yerba Mate Drink, Berry Red (Amazon ASIN Number B0795SD9D1)
- ECO TEAS – Organic Unsmoked Yerba Mate Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B06XP7Z7H8)
4. Licorice Root Tea
Licorice tea is another popular tea used for boosting energy. It contains adaptogens.
Adaptogens are compounds used for modulating hormone production in our bodies. The hormones then stimulate the adrenal glands, improving blood flow, resulting in boosted energy levels. It also boosts blood pressure, making it perfect for those who suffer from low energy and blood pressure.
The licorice root tea has a mild flavor which is why it is often mixed with one or more herbal tea for energy. It can also be mixed with caffeinated teas to create a new flavor. For best results, you can add a touch of lemon or honey to the tea.
Here are some of the best licorice root teas you can find online:
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Licorice Root Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B088N29N2D)
- Buddha teas Organic Licorice Root Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B00DLKV6L8)
- Stash Tea Licorice Spice Herbal Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B003D4MWIS)
5. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is another delicious drink; however, it is not popularly known for boosting energy. Rather, it is used to prevent stress and induce dopamine production, a hormone that keeps you happy.
It helps you become more productive as it reduces stress and anxiety and helps you stay in good spirits. When your overall mood is better, you can focus better on your work, and you might even experience a mild boost in your energy levels.
Chamomile tea tastes similar to green apples and has hints of floral scents. It is made using the chamomile flower.
Here are some of the best chamomile teas you can find online:
- Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Herbal Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B000GFYRK8)
- Harney & Sons Chamomile Herbal Tea, Classic Tin (Amazon ASIN Number B000OQZNTS)
- Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B01FKO5IXY)
Our Final Thoughts
While there are many ways to boost energy levels, the best option is to have herbal teas. Most of the time, herbal tea for energy does not contain caffeine. Even if they do, it is in limited amounts, so you don’t get jitters like in coffee. If you ever get confused about which tea to go for, refer to the list above containing the five best herbal teas for energy.