Diabetes is a prevailing condition that has affected nearly 11.8 percent of the population of the US. Once you’re diagnosed, you must take special care of your diet to ensure that your blood sugar levels do not go off the charts or drop too much. While medications help control the condition, some natural remedies also help. An excellent solution is to consume herbal tea for diabetes. It helps in bringing regulating the sugar levels in your body.
This article will learn about the best herbal teas that help diabetic patients bring sugar levels within a normal range.
5 Best Herbal Tea for Diabetes
While many natural remedies help with diabetes, herbal teas are the most effective. Here is a list of the five best herbal teas for controlling diabetes:
1. Ginseng Tea
Ginseng tea has numerous health benefits. According to scientific research, ginseng tea can be used as an antidote against diabetes. Moreover, it also helps with stress relief, boosting the immune system, and improving the functionality of the central nervous system.
It is better to consume ginseng tea using fresh ginseng to reap the most benefits. You can use the roots or any part of the ginseng and immerse it in boiling water. Using crushed, powdered root is also a good way to have ginseng tea.
Ginseng tea has a sharp, earthy taste. It also leaves a pretty strong aftertaste, so you might want to add a few drops of lemon juice for a better taste.
Here are some of the best ginseng teas you can find online:
- Davidson’s Tea Bulk, Green with Lemon Ginseng (Amazon ASIN Number B000SARJM4)
- Celestial Seasonings Green Tea, Honey Lemon Ginseng (Amazon ASIN Number B000E63LP6)
- Bravo Teas & Herbs Panax Ginseng Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B07K36SD69)
2. Aloe Vera Tea
Aloe vera is an all-rounder used in skincare, haircare, and healthcare products. Aloe vera offers many health benefits in its raw form and is equally beneficial when boiled. To make the aloe vera tea, you can extract the gooey sap inside the leaves and immerse it in boiling water. Drinking aloe vera tea every day helps in controlling diabetes considerably.
Aloe vera tea does not have a strong flavor. However, it does have a mildly bitter and citrusy taste. Some people even get a plant-like taste from aloe vera teas.
Here are some of the best aloe vera teas you can find online:
- Tadin Aloe Vera Cactus Herbal Tea, Caffeine Free (Amazon ASIN Number B07BZ658XK)
- Bigelow Benefits Radiate Beauty Blueberry and Aloe Herbal Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B078S4SNPK)
- Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B001IQKZ6Y)
3. Turmeric Tea
The sheer number of benefits that turmeric tea has to offer is amazing. The list is endless; however, some of the most prominent advantages of consuming turmeric tea include improved heart health, controlled cholesterol, and boosting the immune system. Turmeric tea also reduces the glucose levels in the bloodstream. Moreover, it also helps ease complications associated with diabetes.
Turmeric tea is made by steeping grounded, powdered, or grated turmeric into boiling water. Generally, turmeric tea is consumed by combining different herbs or spices to enhance the flavor. Plain turmeric tea has a peppery and earthy taste.
Here are some of the best turmeric teas you can find online:
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Turmeric with Meadowsweet & Ginger Herbal Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B01IMVL0OI)
- Bigelow Tea Ginger Peach Turmeric Herbal Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B07G515SMN)
- Tazo Turmeric Bliss Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B07MFT22SM)
4. Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon is a favorite key ingredient used in many delicious recipes, but if you consume cinnamon tea, it also plays a part in improving your health. Cinnamon’s two major health benefits include controlled cholesterol levels and improved insulin sensitivity.
You can make cinnamon tea by immersing grounded cinnamon powder into boiling water. It is also possible to use a cinnamon stick directly and steep it in hot water.
Cinnamon tea has a unique sweet and spicy taste that makes the drink enjoyable.
Here are some of the best cinnamon teas you can find online:
- Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B000PGQQFC)
- TAZO Herbal Tea Bags for a Classic Warm Beverage Sweet Cinnamon Spice Flavored & Non-Caffeinated Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B01EYCILLE)
- Bigelow Hot Cinnamon Black Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B089C15TPN)
5. Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea is well-known for being rich in antioxidants. It is another amazing herbal tea for diabetes. According to research, hibiscus tea helps improve the condition of patients with type II diabetes and high blood pressure.
Hibiscus tea is made by boiling dried flower petals of the hibiscus flower in water. It has a sweet and sour taste, similar to cranberries. It creates beautiful red color and has a delicious lingering taste.
Here are some of the best hibiscus teas you can find online:
- Honest Tea Organic Fair Trade Berry Hibiscus Flavored Herbal Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B087NH4PR8)
- Good Nature Organic Rose Hips & Hibiscus Tea (Amazon ASIN Number B003YJ5BZS)
- Vonbee Premium Hibiscus Tea Piramid Tea Bags (Amazon ASIN Number B07ZTYPCZ2)
Our Final Thoughts
If you have diabetes and struggle to keep your sugar level under control, you should try having herbal tea. Herbal teas are made from natural ingredients, and they also offer numerous other health benefits. With regular consumption of the right herbal teas, you can stay healthy and fit all the time.
If you ever need help deciding which is the best herbal tea for diabetes, refer to the list of our top five picks discussed above.